OO3 is more and more like 'More'

Paul List Hess hess2 at yacht.com
Sat Dec 4 15:58:54 PST 2004

I'd like to be the first to comment, and hopefully other stalwarts will agree, that OO3 has taken a huge step towards being more like the classic More program that many of us learned to love years ago.  I'm not talking about specific exact features but more in terms of the feel and the soul of the program it seems much more gracefully useful under a wide range of flexible circumstances than OO2 ever was.

I, and others, came to OO hoping you would imitate every one of my favorite More features and was initially disappointed with OO2 but instead with OO3 you've made a holistic elegant modern outline program along the same lines that the creators of More might have done if they had written it in the 2004's instead of way back so many years ago.  I'm sure we'll keep saying "please include More's feature XYZ next" but I think you've done a great job on the overall usability.