OO3 is more and more like 'More'

Bruce Lewis lewisbruce at rogers.com
Sun Dec 5 05:00:59 PST 2004

Yes. I too agree that the programme is closer to "More".

A key for me is the inline notes. This is a great advantage. A few
"constructive criticisms" about them.

They are not implemented like More's. In more the notes were a separate
little internal box or window with its own scroll bars. It was much easier
to tell what was note and what was outline.

You could set it so only part of the note was visible and the rest of the
outline was visible below. You can do the same with the note pane on the
bottom, but I would have liked it better in the inline notes.

The inline notes weren't selected when they were oepend. I think this is a
confusing and possibly dangerous behaviour.

They were opened and created by a press of the enterKey. That seems to work
in OO, but it takes the view to the end of the note, which is sometimes
useful, but is the wrong place 90% of the time.

The symbol for notes was much less obtrusive.

More was snappier both with opening notes and with going down a level when
clicking on handles. More was instant, but there is some sort of
windowshade effect in OO. Can this be turned off as a user preference. Is
this considered an advantage by some?

Again, I think it is a great job and I am trying to be constructive.

Bruce

--
Bruce Lewis
Lewis & Collyer